Sunday, September 5, 2021

Live Wisely

Have you ever been part of an exercise in futility - something you largely doubted was worth your time and effort? When this older-me has such thought, I lie down till the thought quietly goes away! The world stage is "slap-full" (a good Southern term) of actors engaged in useless frivolity. "The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together, against The LORD and against His Anointed, saying, 'Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.'" (Psalm 2:2-3). One reality I've experienced is a stand taken against righteousness is utterly foolish. "He Who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision." (V.4). Oh, yes, I've been amused at my ridiculous efforts to be king-of-me; nonetheless, most humbling is The King [of all kings] laughing at my foolishness. While we pray kings and leaders [turn and] rule in righteousness, the only thing I can bring to pass is to personally choose to bow my head and heart to The Almighty King: "Be wise ... Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling ... Blessed are all who take refuge in Him." (V.10, 11, 12). Stand with The King of Ages ... live wisely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home