Monday, August 23, 2021

Blessed Adventure

Some of the most adventuresome of people [I think] are those who will taste new foods. Not me; I'm quite content to leave that "adventure" to the bold and brave! I suggest some conclude God's commands are too difficult and restrictive. The simple of it is this: God's Best is our truest happiness. The psalmist wrote, "Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the LORD!" (Psalm 119:1). Set forth in this verse is the truth that a life of integrity and uprightness is a happy and favored life, and such a life comes when we are guided by the principles of God. We do not have to "choose" between adventure and mundane, fun and boredom, happiness and holiness. No! The psalmist continues, "Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with their whole heart." (V.2). Admittedly, my reluctance to try new foods is much like those who refuse to "taste and see that The LORD is good" (Psalm 34:8). Let me personally testify: I have tasted - I have seen - The LORD is indeed Good; His Goodness is more than I imagined. I have learned as I choose holiness that happiness is my reward. What a blessed adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home