Thursday, August 12, 2021

Speak Life

If a certified speech instructor could help master the full scope of the human tongue, I’d certainly sign up!  The Wisdom of God through King Solomon: “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” (Proverbs 18:21).  Author and humorist Barbara Johnson wrote, “Lord, let my words be sweet for tomorrow I may have to eat them.”  We’re told women speak substantially more words in a day than men. Nonetheless, whatever amount of words we speak, mouth-management is a challenge!  The flaw in speaking is that no one has yet tamed the tongue. It seems we are prone to speak when we should not and not speak when we should. As I see it, the only hope we have is the continuous prayer of the righteous: ”Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.” (Proverbs 19:14). Let us pray for grace when we speak and that we speak only life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home