Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Pay Attention!

It may not have been a course in school but there are certain listening protocols. For example, giving the one speaking your undivided attention. The psalmist wrote, "I love the LORD, because He has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. Because He inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call on Him as long as I live." (Psalm 116:1-2). As Mister Bill brought boxes down from our attic, I discovered books 30-40 years old filled with all kinds of advice on parenting, finances, relationships, etc. There was a time when those "experts" had my attention; interestingly, many of the authors [as well as their "expert" counsel] are gone - no longer relevant nor valid. Joyfully and with tremendous gratitude, Jehovah God is relevant at all times - always has been and always will be. The God about Whom the psalmist wrote is The Same One Who both listens and counsels those who call upon Him. "Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; our God is merciful. The LORD preserves the simple; when I was brought low, He saved me." (V.5-6). Actually, the protocol of paying attention to the one speaking is common courtesy; surrendering our attention to The Father is an act of faith and preservation! What a lesson for God's people ... pay attention!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home