Sunday, August 15, 2021

Tell Jesus

There are times of good news when it feels as if we will burst if we don't share it. I suggest there are also times when hurt and sadness cause us to feel the need to simply talk it out with someone. During his pastorate in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, Elisha A. Hoffman tells of a visit to a woman greatly discouraged; he said to her, "You cannot do better than to take all of your sorrows to Jesus." Thoughtfully, the woman said, "Yes, I must tell Jesus." Hoffman recalled the "joyful illumination" on her face, which led him to write this beloved hymn (one of my favorites): "I must tell Jesus all of my trials - I cannot bear these burdens alone - I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus - Jesus can help me, Jesus alone." Paul encouraged young Timothy with these words of assurance: "The Lord stood with me and strengthened me." (2 Timothy 4:17). Sometimes there are hurts so deep, so tender, so private, we cannot share them with the closest of friends. We can be sure there is no greater friend than Jesus. Because He is All-Knowing, Kind and Compassionate, truly there is no other with whom we must share and trust in times of sorrow. Do you truly believe this? If so ... tell Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home