Monday, August 30, 2021

Eternal Shepherd

The word "shepherd" warms my soul. He is one who leads, cares for and tends to the needs of ... yes, usually sheep. From all I've learned about sheep, they really-really need leading, caring for and tending to! Jesus said, "I am the Good Shepherd" (John 10:14); the writer of Hebrews called Jesus the "Great Shepherd" (Hebrews 13:20); Peter wrote of Jesus as the "Chief Shepherd" (1 Peter 5:4). All Believers should find this heart-warming! Jesus assures us He knows the sheep which belong to Him and those same sheep know their Shepherd (John 10:14). Interestingly, the word "shepherd" is both a noun (person, place, thing) and a verb (action word). God has given His Church pastors to "shepherd" Believers in study, worship, fellowship and service. Through the years, I've had to say "goodbye" to pastors as they have moved into other areas of ministry or retired; saying goodbye was tough. I anticipate the glorious day when I'm in the presence of The Shepherd of all shepherds: no more goodbyes - only hello to  my ... Eternal Shepherd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home