Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Follow The Leader

Remember the game "Follow the Leader?" One of my favorite ways we played it was off the diving board. Mimicking some of those moves wasn't for the timid! I suggest neither is following Jesus in holy living! Mister Bill and I have a friend who, along with his family, fled Burma some 25+ years ago to escape religious persecution. In 2019 he risked his life to return to his homeland with The Gospel. Real-life accounts such as this remind me how timid most we Believers really are. As we prayed for our friend the night before he left for his homeland, he boldly told us he was well aware he may never see his wife and children again, but "The Gospel is worth it." How many of us can pray with absolute confidence, "Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; make Your way straight before me." (Psalm 5:8)? What about the direct path across the street to that foul and ungodly neighbor or an unforgiving relative or to a back-biting co-worker? "God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline." (2 Timothy 1:7). The Holy Spirit [of Power and Love and Discipline] isWho enables us to boldly go where and as commanded. It's a legitimate question every Believer must consider: just how willing am I to ... follow The Leader?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home