Sunday, October 31, 2021

Reign in Me

If my hair could talk, I wonder what it would say to me first thing in the morning. I suspect it would be quite candid about the abuse it suffered during the night and need few words to explain its state of array! If there's one thing I often overlook in my spiritual life, it is my sinful tendencies - that is, my natural leanings. Paul writes of the conflict between the two natures: "What I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate." (Romans 7:15). Oh my, I couldn't have said it any better! As miraculously and confidently redeemed (saved) as I, that old [sinful] nature plagues my every thought, motive and action. I exclaim with the psalmist, "Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping Your statutes!" (Psalm 119:5). There is hope! "Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Romans 7:24-25).  We sing it like this: "Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it - Prone to leave The God I love - Here's my heart, O take an seal it - Seal it for Thy courts above." Morning hair will continue to be ... morning hair; here on earth, the sinful nature will be ... the sinful nature. Let our daily prayer be ... Lord, reign in me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home