Monday, October 25, 2021

Rightful Places

Some folks care nothing for solitude so they pack life full of goings and doings. I certainly remember those days when life was filled with little-then-big boy sounds-rackets-such, and this Mama dreamed of just a smidge of quiet. Charles H. Spurgeon writes, “We should be better Christians if we were more alone, waiting upon God, and gathering through meditation on His Word spiritual strength for labour in His service.” To be still before God is a willful act of obedience, but we must be still with purpose: “Be still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10). Mr. Bill assures me he can be in an absolute state of mindlessness – well, good for him, I say. However, in our spiritual being-still – a cease from striving – we begin to recognize and understand God as He really is! In the latter part of the verse God says, “I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth.” I suggest, therefore, perhaps our neglect of being-still [before God] hinders our knowing God and His being rightly exalted in our lives, our nation, our world. Why not make some quiet for yourself today; it’s certain to put God and you in rightful places!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home