Monday, April 11, 2022

Sweetest Song

For most parents, looking back at their children's baby pictures is bittersweet. Those [oft stressful] days of pitter-patting little feet, sticky hands and sleepless nights evoke sweet and precious memories of the heart. Believers seldom think-back to Bethlehem's wonder as they consider Jesus' finished work of Calvary. I like how the Puritan put it: "O God, take me in spirit to the watchful shepherds, and enlarge my mind; let me hear good tidings of great joy ... Place me with the ox, ass, camel, goat to look with them upon my Redeemer's face ... Let me with Simeon clasp the new-born child to my heart, embrace Him with undying faith." (The Valley of Vision). From the wonder of His birth through the agony of The Suffering Savior, mankind finds the greatest chorus at Jesus' empty tomb. The birth, ministry, death and resurrection of God's Son for the sin of man certainly make the Redeemed's ... sweetest song!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home