Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Say No To Uh-Oh

 As parents of twins - particularly Dustin - when we heard the words "uh-oh," we knew it was time to drop whatever we were doing and see the cause for the "uh-oh." Sometimes it was a minor infraction but ... not always. This well describes life when we choose foolishly, making choices to suit ourselves. One of the oft forgotten conversations of God is with Cain: God said, "If you ignore My instruction, sin crouches at your door; its desire is for you [to overpower you], but you must master it." (Genesis 4:7). To "master" something requires some willful intention to choose "my way" or "God's way." Paul David Tripp gives a list of how we often alibi for what we do: "I can handle this; it will be okay" - "I'll only do it once" - "It's not really such a big deal" - "It's not like I do it all the time" - "I didn't really have much of a choice". (New Morning Mercies). An excuse is often a lie wrapped in a shell of reason. Paul wrote, "Do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts ... as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves ... as instruments of righteousness to God. (Romans 6:12-13). I know this: I want less uh-ohs and more oh-yeses.  Let us live with more willfulness and intent as we seek righteousness. Say "no" to ... uh-oh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home