Sunday, July 17, 2022

Just Let Go!

There is a period of motherhood I'm glad has passed: early teen-driving. I did not feel at-home in the passenger seat nor was I comfortable relinquishing the steering wheel and brake. The last of the prophets, John [the baptizer], was unique and the talk of the countryside. His message of repentance struck at the sinful core of people's hearts, which led to his unpopularity among religious leaders of that day. Nonetheless, when Jesus appeared, John knew it was time for him to step aside and surrender his time to The One of Whom he preached. John said, "He must increase, but I must decrease." (John 3:30). What a beautiful attitude of submission - a relinquishing of self to Jesus' control. True, the passenger seat was not where I preferred to be but it was where I had to be; it was the right place to be. And, even in the passenger seat, there were many times when I wanted to grab the wheel and take-back control. As followers of Jesus, setting aside our own plans and grip on life is hard but it's how we learn to trust God. It's God Who said "I know the plans I have for you ... plans for hope." (Jeremiah 29:11). The question is simple: do we trust Him or not? If we believe He is God of His Word, yes ... we must decrease and He must increase. If you trust Him ... just let go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home