Thursday, March 23, 2023

Brag on Jesus

How is that the older we got, we realized how wise our parents really were? It's a rarity to hear a young-someone readily admit there is much yet to learn - I remember those days! In his boasting, King Nebuchadnezzar learned a hard lesson about who God is: after an extended period of eating grass and lack of grooming, the king came to both a logical and most wise conclusion. "When that period was over, I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me. I blessed The Most High, and praised and honored The One Who lives forever. For His sovereignty is an everlasting sovereignty, and His kingdom endures from generation to generation." (Daniel 4:34). The important truth King Nebuchadnezzar learned - and one of which we should take note - is that there's a Sovereign God Who rules over all things and ... we ain't Him! It's a very dangerous and slippery slope when we begin to have high and lofty thoughts about what we have accomplished-accumulated in this life. As I understand it, boasting is appropriate only in one circumstance: "I will boast only about the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ; for by means of His cross the world is dead to me, and I am dead to the world." (Galatians 6:14). Aha - there's our reason to boast - our braggin' rights. What a wonderful habit to take up - just brag on Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home