Monday, May 8, 2023

Best Right Turn

This may sound weird, at least it did to my Dad who actually laughed at me on occasion, but I prefer making right turns instead of left. If I'm running errands, I will often plan my route so that I'm making right turns along the way. Isn't it interesting how we seem to always want the easy way - the path of least resistance.This is not the general way of life. Life, instead, if filled with hard moments - temptations, health challenges, broken promises, unexpected difficulties, discouragements ... hard moments. When hard moments come to Believers, we face them with hope and trust. "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28). Oh how we forget how God can and will use the hard moments to teach and shape us into something for His own glory as well as to reveal to and in us His amazing grace! In defense of my preference for making right turns as much as possible, they are often safer than turning across traffic ... my Dad just chuckled all the more. My all-too-often complaints and frustrations about life's hard moments are brought into perspective when I am persuaded by the Truth of God's Word. Trusting in Him is always a ... right turn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home