Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Hear From You

My little guys loved to roam the woods behind the house, often out of my sight. They knew, however, if Mama gave a'holler they should answer to their whereabouts. There is One Who never fails to hear and to answer when we call: "Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have freed me when I was hemmed in and relieved me when I was in distress; be gracious to me and hear [and respond to] my prayer." (Psalm 4:1, AMP). Now, God doesn't need us to "remind" Him to hear-and-respond - no, it is His nature to hear us and He [actually] longs to hear from us! I just love how [in this verse] David is thoughtful of how God was heard and answered him in an earlier time of need. It's like David is saying, "Father, remember that time You heard me cry for help and You were faithful ... You did what you do ... You delivered me from my distress - Lord, please do that again!" It's good to recall God's Goodness - He is and will be as faithful now as He has always been! It was a delight to this Mama's ears [and heart] to hear the boys respond to my call to them. When was the last time you called out to The Lord - He really wants to hear from you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home