Sunday, September 24, 2023

Heart-Prep

Preparations - they're part of every day! We prepare for work, meals, rest, special events - why, we even prepare to do absolutely nothing! In one of my quiet time with The Lord, I was reminded (and convicted of) how easy it is [as a child of God] to imagine there is a point in our lives when we are fully yet ... we are not! "In fact, it is a process that must be steadily maintained. It is dangerous to become settled and complacent in our present level of experience. The Christian life requires preparation and more preparation. (Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest). In this life, we must be diligently mindful of our need for conviction, confession, repentance and forgiveness. Hear the psalmist's invitation: "Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!" (Psalm 139:23-24, ESV). To fully expose ourselves including every displeasing thought and habit - that is a heart-preparation most of us tend to avoid. That is, however, the preparation we are called unto; that is, if we desire to draw near to the heart of God. Think about it: is heart-preparation part of your day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home