Thursday, September 21, 2023

Heart Spring

Many years ago - during little boy days - there was a trampoline in our backyard; as trampolines go, it was multi-functional. It's primary function, of course, was a springboard to the sky as well as an outdoor wrestling arena and an above-ground picnic venue. Best yet, when turned on its side, it was a great baseball pitch-back! Did you know the heart is a springboard? Jeremiah 17:9 says, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" Oh, how I shutter-and-shake when I hear someone say, "just follow your heart." God says in V.10, "I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins ..." It is God's tender mercy I need as He sees into the recesses of my heart! Truth is, my heart is a springboard to whatever I feed it. Spiritually speaking, we are what you see, what we read, what we listen to, the company we keep. Junk in – junk out! I don't know about you, but I want the right stuff to come out when life squeezes me. I want what "springs" from my heart to be pure and holy. Pause and consider: what's springing from your heart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home