Monday, September 25, 2023

Sing Without Fear

As a general rule, we make lots of statements but when we "declare" something, it's typically well thought-out and an explicit announcement. Through the years, Mister Bill and I have made only a few declarations, both of us in complete agreement - we never plan to do that again! Romans 3:23 says, "for all have sinned" - that statement [at first] sends fear through us! An offense demands justice as our offense against Holy God [too] requires judgment, payment. We are not left with our fear, however: we are "justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus Whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith ... He passed over the sins previously committed ... He would be just and The Justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus." (V.24-26). Bearing on Himself my sin - crucified in my place - God declares His Son sufficient (The Just One) to satisfy the debt of my sin. Spurgeon says, "My hope lives– not because I’m not a sinner but because I am a sinner for whom Christ died." That initial fear of condemnation has now [because of Jesus] become my reason to sing ... oh, how marvelous - oh, how wonderful is my Savior's love for me. Oh, my heart, sing ... without fear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home