Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Boldness and Humility

Do you take supplements - things that "supplement" good health? Mister Bill tells me after he finishes his morning supplements, he doesn't need any breakfast! Following Christ in obedience to God's commands is difficult in these days; this is why I find it so sweet that God gives us fellow-Believers to walk with, hand-in-hand by faith for inspiration, encouragement, support and accountability. God brought a woman named Abigail into David's life at a crucial moment: on his way to avenge himself for Nabal's wickedness, Abigail (Nabal's wife)  intervenes and said to David, "And it will happen when the LORD does for my lord according to all the good that He has promised concerning you ... that this incident will not cause grief or bring a troubled conscience to my lord, both by having shed blood without cause and by having my lord avenged himself." (1 Samuel 25:30-31, AMP). What a courageous woman! David, God's future king of Israel, listens in humility then says to Abigail: "Blessed be your discretion and discernment, and blessed be you, who has kept me from bloodshed this day and from avenging myself by my own hand." (V.33). There on a dusty road in Israel, God ordained the intersection of Abigail's boldness and David's humility! What a beautiful combination and oh how we need more of this in our world today. Followers of Jesus, willing to both speak and receive Godly Truth. At this time of Thanksgiving, let me say how grateful I am for Christian friends with whom I can sit and talk about the things of God, to boldly speak Truth and humbly hear Truth. These friends are precious treasures! May we all seek to be that spiritual supplement to others ... speak boldly and listen humbly!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home