Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Up Close and Personal

The older-me relies heavily on reading glasses. I have a prescription for distance but that only muddles things for up-close. It seems these days, there's an accommodating viewpoint for everything. Whatever suits your fancy on any given matter, you won't have to look far to find someone who gives rational thought to substantiate your own viewpoint. God said, "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord." (Isaiah 55:8, ESV). Mister Bill and I have been together so long, it's true we can often know what one another is thinking. You know why - we spend time in one another's presence! Unless you and I are students of the Bible, studying and listening intently, it's highly likely we will easily miss God's thoughts and His ways! David is described as a "man after God's own heart," and he wrote this: "How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!" (Psalm 139:17). Those are words of a man who loved to know well the many thoughts of God; I suggest that man spent some serious close-up time - in contrast to long-distance - with God. Now, those [up-close] readers of mine are invaluable - so is the up-close hearing of what God wants to say to those who truly love Him. I challenge you to open your Bible; get up-close-and-personal with Him so you can hear what He wants to say to you. He longs to be ... up close and personal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home