Thursday, June 20, 2024

The UnChangeable

There are few things that can be described as unchanging. Even things that are life-long guaranteed go through degrees of change in appearance or practicality. Unchanging sounds great but is it really a characteristic about which we care? Whether we are readily willing to admit it or not, the answer is ... yes, we do care! There is only one unchangeable: Jehovah - The Self-Existent One, The Great I AM. Thus says the Lord, "I the Lord do not change" (Malachi 3:6, ESV). In the short span of a few hours, I give God countless reason to change His mind about loving me and wanting to be involved in my doings. Another companion word to unchangeable used often in Scripture is "everlasting." God says, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you" (Jeremiah 31:3, ESV). God's unchanging nature is also everlasting - it knows no beginning nor end; it just continues endlessly. Such an unchanging and everlasting nature is impossible [really] to comprehend but it is never  impractical. Perhaps right now you need a change, a reprieve, a relief, a respite from trusting in and relying on ever-changing, tossing-and-turning of life. God is the change you need … The Unchangeable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home