Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Cause-of-Life

Several times I was sad to learn I had "out-lived" some of my favorite products! One particular product I discovered was so effective the company re-packaged it under a different name and, of course, at a substantially higher price! It's a tragic thing to out-live one's usefulness, which is what happened with King Saul: "So Saul died for his trespass which he committed against the LORD, because of the word of the LORD which he did not keep." (1 Chronicles 10:13, NASB). King Saul died a tragic death but the cause of his death was uncomplicated: quite simply, he didn't obey the Lord ... as commanded. This uncomplicated cause-of-death was by no means a new thing; does Adam and Eve come to mind? Actually, the name "Beverly" comes to my mind! Oh, how we love to do our own thing, go our own way, be our own king. Whatever name comes to mind, God's children are expected to honor God with obedience. Jesus said "if you love me, you will keep my commandments" (John 14:15, ESV). The older-me enjoys and appreciates simple and Jesus made His command simple and clear. The All-Knowing, All-Sufficient, Almighty Who loves us more than we'll ever know just wants us to love Him back with heart, soul and might (Deuteronomy 6:5). King Saul's end is tragic, his cause-of-death inexcusable. Why not avoid the way-of-Saul; rather, let our lives be well marked by obedience to and a personal relationship with Jesus. Such must be our ... cause-of-life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home