Thursday, July 18, 2024

Ever-Increasing Heart

Without a doubt, the older-me requires more effort to do the otherwise effortless things of the past. An oft spoken phrase of my Dad's was: "growing old isn't for sissies." There is one thing [of mine], however, that with tender attention is ever increasing - "my heart is in Thy hands without reserve" (The Valley of Vision). Oh, how regrettably foolish I've given so little time and care to it! Nonetheless, God - Who is rich in mercy and love (Ephesians 2:4) - has "created it, redeemed it, renewed it, captured it, conquered it." You see, that which we tend to think little of, neglect and ignore, The Father weighs and attends: He says, "I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh." (Ezekiel 36:26, ESV). Too many Believers have trusted Jesus for God's justification (salvation) then failed to trust Him for their sanctification (growing in holiness). "The word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12, ESV). Do not miss this: the living, sharp, piercing, discerning work of God's Word is aimed directly at the heart of those who genuinely love the Lord! No matter what we do nor time we invest, our bodies are ever diminishing; in contrast, what we do and time we invest in our hearts, God is growing hearts like His own. The psalmist said, "with my whole heart I seek You" (Psalm 119:10, ESV). That is a commitment toward an ... ever-increasing heart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home