Wednesday, September 1, 2010

No Spills

Like many Americans, sometimes I eat my breakfast on the way to the office.  I pour my drink, usually milk, into a cup then secure it with a lid.  Child-spills are no longer a concern, but I’ve found I can spill real good all by myself!

Wouldn’t it be great if we could put a lid on the joy of Christ, just to keep it inside!  Oswald Chambers wrote that the “cares of this world will choke God’s word.”  The problem most Believers face is we think and feel out of my circumstances. Sometimes my circumstances stink, and what I think and feel about them … well, that stinks too!  The joy of Christ, however, does not stink nor does it produce stinking attitudes and spirits.  Jesus speaks about He produces, “that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full." (John 15:11)  The remaining, maintaining, containing His joy is indeed the struggle for us.  The JOY REMAINS only when WE REMAIN “hidden with Christ in God.”  (Colossians 3:3)  We cannot expect to be filled with the joy Christ spoke of [and delivers] if we are filled with selfish ambition.  Do you really want to put a lid on it?  Then stop living in your circumstances and start living in the hidden compound of Christ.  No “spills” there!

Dear Lord,
Take my eyes away from me-my-mine and re-focus them on You and You alone, resting completely in Your goodness. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home