Friday, October 1, 2010

Conscious of the Call

A friend of mine has an old dog, and he is prone to “zone outs.  Occasionally, he just stops and stares then snaps out of it and meanders on his merry way!

“Zone outs,” I feel are common in the Christian life.  How often God’s plan and purpose doesn’t seem clear.  These times of spiritual unconsciousness, however, are actually as temporal as the next page of Scripture!  The Apostle Paul wrote about the necessity of preaching the Gospel for all Believers.  We don’t need an actual pulpit: each chosen one is given a supernatural call to “euaggelizo” (Greek) – show, announce the Good News by the way we live.  Don’t we know Christianity isn’t a way of doing certain things, rather a certain way of doing all things – it’s the Gospel made real!  The looming danger are the other calls which battle for first place.  Paul exclaims grief in 1 Corinthians 9:16, “woe is me if I preach not the gospel.”  Oh, how we need to be rousted from our slumber, our apathy, the trance of disobedience into Christ-centered consciousness.  Oswald Chambers wrote, “If you agree with God’s purpose He will bring not only your conscious life, but all the deeper regions of your life which you cannot get at, into harmony.”   Unconsciousness (things unaware) brought into complete harmony with consciousness (things aware). I urge each of us to get alone with God -- hear Him, heed Him, become fully conscious of His call in your life.

Dear Lord,
I come before You as humbly as I know how amazed You even thought about me disabled in my sin; that You chose me and drew me to be made alive in Christ.  Show me and lead me in Your perfect purpose to walk according to Your Word as You perfect the Gospel in and through me.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home