Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sunny Side Up

How do you like your eggs?  If grits are on the menu ... Dustin wants his scrambled and Dennis, Bill and  Danny want theirs over-easy.  It's a tall order for this cook when she's cooking eggs.  It's hard to mess up scrambled eggs, but those over-easy requests are a bit tricky.  I've served many an over-easy with a smile, a disclaimer, and an "oops, sorry." 

Staying joyful through the "oops, sorry" times of life is also quite tricky.  Satan is at every turn just waiting to pounce on us bursting our utopia of joy until it scatters like that egg yolk, and it's just about as difficult to get it back.  So, what's the trick?  Consider all that happens joy -- even the "oopsies" and the "sorries" of life!  James 1:2-3 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops
perseverance."  The mastery of life here on this earth depends on how well we  learn to remain on the sunny side even when all around us is dismal gray.  I like this saying, "Keep your face to the Son, and you cannot see the shadows."  What wonderful words to carry around from day to day.  As my Dustin used to tell me, "underline them in your brain!"

Dear Lord,
The sunny side is not always so obvious.  Keep my face toward You, and point my feet in that same direction.  Keep me ever mindful that often there are others following after me.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home