Friday, September 10, 2010

Other-World Thinking

You've heard someone described as having "nerves of steel." Yes, a steady hand is sure "handy" if you're a surgeon. I really prefer to know my dentist isn't having an especially nerve-shattering day!

Believers should be known as having nerves of steel. Of course, we know it's not veins of ice water that causes calm in the middle of chaos. No, it's ... other-world-thinking.  "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet  that I shall choose I cannot tell. For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better." (Philippians 1:21-24)  While we don't like to think of dying, for Believers it's a win-win situation! Living here is Christ and living beyond is  even more Christ -- an eternity with Him. Isn't what a committed Child of God desires! Do you know how people face tragedy with hope and victory? They apply other-world-thinking.  We are certainly challenged to think and live
accordingly. A thinking pattern like that encourages us to persevere in the Grace of The Father and live on and on and on and on and on ...

Dear Lord,
Thank You for saving my soul, and giving me a home in Your eternal tomorrow. May I embrace the full essence of that hope and victory here on earth and
live empowered. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home