Thursday, October 27, 2011

Heart Hum

Do you remember seeing a Hummer for the first time?  I do!  The closest I had seen to such was what soldiers drive, and I couldn’t imagine why I was seeing it on the road.  Now, my baby sister drives a Hummer and I’ve seen her park that thing ‘bout anywhere she pleases.  Once when I was with her, she didn’t even park it inside the lines and [being the big sister] I promptly mentioned to her.  Her response was, “nobody’s gonna hit this thing unless they want to tear up their car!”  I’m not sure that response was Hummer-talk or baby-sister talk!

What do you do when you lose your joy?  Often it escapes us and we are not sure why, how, or when; we just know it’s missing!  Those without Christ cannot know the Joy to which I am referring, but Believers know it and know when it’s gone. David asked God to “restore to me the joy of Your salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit” (Psalm 51:12), and what followed the restoration was David’s declaration: “O Lord, open my lips, that my mouth may declare Your praise.” (Verse 15)  Those who know me, know I’m a “hummer.” I’ve discovered humming keeps a song in my heart and on my lips.  Yeah, if the heart is humming, most likely the soul and the lips are involved.  Do you have a heart hum?  If not, get one and keep hummin’!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home