Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beloved

Like many couples, Mr. Bill and I have some endearing names for one another.  I must confess, however, his names for me are [shall we say] more complimentary than my names for him.  And, yes, there’s usually good reason.

The writer of Song of Solomon uses perhaps the most charming of names for Christ, “My Beloved.” (2:8)   Consider some of the sweetest sounds we know – a baby’s chatter, song birds, rain on a tin roof, silence.  Because life is filled with hard winters and dry seasons, we need to experience the Savior as He is -- “chiefest among ten thousands” (5:10) and “altogether lovely” (5:16).  Ever my heart needs to echo, “This is my Beloved, and this is my Friend.” (5:16)

I've a friend who's always near me. I've a friend who always cheers me.
I've a friend who is so dear to me. What a precious Friend is He.
On His promise I’m relying. All my needs He is supplying.
He’ll be there when I’m dying. What a precious Friend is He.
He'll go with me through the valley.  He'll go with me all the way, everyday.
Savior, help me to have faith in Thee. What a precious Friend is He.
(Written by Henry Slaughter)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home