Thursday, March 15, 2012

Let It Loose!

The younger me loved roller coasters!  Yes, I loved to ride them but I made sure to hold on really tight.  Sometimes I even shut my eyes, but for sure I’d get a good grip before take-off and hang-on until the end.

God wants us to let go of life’s stuff: jobs, clothes, money, children, relationships. Our use to Him is very limited when we grasp other things so tightly.  We also tend to hold on to attitudes of pride and unforgiveness, which hinder His fellowship with us and His work in our hearts.  In his book, "The Final Week of Jesus," Max Lucado draws attention to the "guy with the donkey" in Matthew 21: "Now when they drew near Jerusalem, and came to Bethphage, at the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, 'Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Loose them and bring them to Me. And if anyone says anything to you, you shall say, 'The Lord has need of them,' and immediately he will send them." (V.1-3)  Christ had need of that donkey, which makes me wonder what He needs in my life.  Lucado writes, "All of us have a donkey. You and I each have something in our lives, which, if given back to God, could, like the donkey, move Jesus and his story further down the road."  Yes, letting of what we hold so tightly is the first step in being free to God's use.  What is your donkey, my donkey? Whatever it is, it doesn’t belong to us -- God wants it.  Let it loose!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home