Friday, March 23, 2012

Time to Dance

I love to dance! Dad didn't approve of my dancing as a teenager, but he warmed to the idea over the years.  I was never a good slow dancer; I always stepped on Mr. Bill's feet!  Of course, I do very little dancing now because "things" seem to keep moving after the music has stopped!

God loves to see us dance!  Oh, I don't mean the boot-scoot-boogey, but soul-dancing when we allow Him to satisfy our deepest and most authentic longings.  Consider things we think bring us lasting joy -- family, homes, jobs, wealth, health; the list is endless.  Which of these aren’t temporal, subject to going "poof" at a moment's notice? And, what about the if-only’s -- if only I had this or that, if only I had been given this opportunity or been treated differently, if I were taller & thinner.  Seriously, who wouldn’t change something about their present circumstances!  What stops you from dancing?  There is only one thing [Person] that turns our "mourning into dancing" --  Jesus Christ and an intimate daily walk with Him.  This walk isn't scheduled just for Sundays; it is an inseparable pilgrimage each day of the week.  Such a relationship turns disappointments, hurts, and sorrows into joy.  Psalm 30:11 says He gives us festive garments in which to rejoice, and we cannot help but sing of the gladness that is ours in Christ.  Have you danced today?  Well, it’s time to dance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home