Monday, April 16, 2012

He Stoops

Stooping, bending, and crouching make these old knees and joints scream.  Such are must-to-avoid maneuvers; movements of the past, gracefully left for the younger of age and more agile joints. 

What an incredible picture we are given in Psalm 33:13, “The LORD looketh from heaven; He beholdeth all the sons of men.”  Almighty God looking down on me – on purpose!  I wonder with the Psalmist, “what is man, that Thou art mindful of him?” (Psalm 8:4)  The One Who numbers the hairs on my head and my days on earth.  Neither has my merciful Father forgotten my weaknesses and that I am mere dust (Psalm 103:14).  “Thy sigh is able to move the heart of Jehovah; thy whisper can incline His ear unto thee; thy prayer can stay His hand; thy faith can move His arm.” (Spurgeon)  How easily and mistakenly it is to love God only for what He does for us; not so, Believer.  His perfect portion and provision remain for those who “fear Him,” hold Him in the most high regard.  “For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew Himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.” (2 Chronicles 16:9a)  Since Ella arrived, I’m stooping and bending more but Almighty God never stopped lovingly stooping to care for those who love Him.  It’s Who He is and What He does!  Praise Him today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home