Monday, March 26, 2012

The Me I See

Have you ever been accused of not being able to see the forest for the trees?  If you haven't, you have a keener eye than most!

God probably would like to take a chainsaw to our spiritual vision at times! How is it we behave as if He sent us into life so ill-equipped?  His Word tells us according to His divine power He has given us "all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world ..." (2 Peter 1:3-4) Now, that certainly doesn't sound like He's thrown us to the wolves.  I suppose it brings into grave question the "me I see" for each of us.  " 'Twixt optimist and pessimist, the difference is droll: The optimist sees the doughnut, while the pessimist sees the hole." What "me" do we see?  Do you see the "me" full of the same powerful faith Peter talks about later in Chapter 1: virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness, charity, fruitfulness?  God know our potential, because He knows His power.  It’s true, "The me I see is the me I'll be."  Consider today: what do you see and what will you be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home