Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Missing Part

One time my grandparents gave me a twenty-five pound bag of flour -- I was so excited!  Soon, however, I was dis-kabobbled about how to make it work in my favorite recipes.  You see, I've always used self-rising flour and I found myself confused about just how much salt & baking power to add. You could say, the missing ingredients put me in quite a stew!

The Creator made man perfect in every way.  Sin, on the flip side, robbed man's heart of what was required to know The Creator completely – that is, righteousness.  Since the Garden, [you could say] we've been behind the eight ball [of sin] always missing the mark of holiness.  Why is this so important?  “Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord." (Psalm 119:1)  When sin reigns our hearts, we are not "blessed" or "happy."  True happiness cannot exist outside the precepts of Holy God.  Of course, we can smile and chatter, grin and sing, laugh and  bounce all we want but it’s always short-lived and our supply of "happy" eventually plays out.  When day is done and quiet, we feel the heaviness of sin and understand discontent.  The tugging within cries out for the missing part ... His righteousness.  "Blessed  are those who keep His testimonies, who seek Him with the whole heart!" (v.2)   The part is not really missing -- it's within our grasp. Seek Him and find it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home