Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good Company

Have you ever played "Twenty Questions?"  It's an infamous [game] teenagers hate to play with their parents -- I know I did!  Until I was a parent myself, all the questions seemed pointless: Who's going? Who's driving? How long?  By the end of the "game," I almost didn’t want to go!

Time with Jesus denotes evidence of a different life.  The religious and military leaders were amazed at Peter and John in Acts 4. Verse 13 says, " ... they marveled; and they recognized that they had been with Jesus." How distinguishing!  The Twenty Questions game wasn't really a game; it was an act of my loving and responsible parents who cared about the company I kept.  Believers should ask themselves often, "what do others conclude by my responses and reactions to life? Do they reflect enough time in the company of Christ." The passage below from Beth Moore's poem, "The Company I Keep," says it beautifully:

Let me be known by the company I keep
Eclipsed by Your Presence that I may decrease
'Til all You have chosen this traveler to meet
No longer see me but the Company I keep.