Wednesday, October 3, 2012

God Remembers

Remembering can be fun!  I was looking through some old photographs recently, and it was addictive -- I couldn't stop until I had looked at them all!  Those photos of family and friends, past youth trips and family vacations brought a deluge of memories ... good, bad, joyful, sad -- but fun nonetheless ... just remembering!

The Word of the Lord came to Jeremiah like this: "I remember you, the kindness of your youth, the love of your betrothal, when you went after Me in the wilderness, in a land not sown." (Jeremiah 2:2)  God was referring to His Children whom He called out from Egypt, led into the Land of Promise, never once failing them.  You know their story of disobedience and wandering, as well as all the whining and doubt they leveled at God and His chosen leaders.  God's Word says God "remembered" as if to remind them of a time when their fellowship with Him was ... sweet.  At times I find myself "remembering" a time and place where I was more obedient to God, my fellowship with Christ more intimate, held a deeper and more sincere sense of His peace and joy.  That is when my past needs to catch up to my present!  Our walk with Christ should never be a memory -- something we recall with a wishful fondness.  Instead, it must be a part of who we are and where we are going each day -- a present journey, an ongoing pilgrimage.  If we're not moving forward and making progress in our spiritual journey, we're backing up and losing valuable ground.  Consider today just what God remembers about you and your walk with Him?  I sure hope it's not a memory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home