Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Good Old Days

The “good old days” is a relative term. The good days for Mr. Bill included snorkeling in Turkey’s Sea of Marmara every day! For me, it was sound of an attic fan and the breeze it brought through my bedroom window. With all due respect to earlier generations, the absence of indoor plumbing and air conditioning just doesn’t sound “good” to me … any old day!

God made provision for man to leave behind the “old days,” quite the contrary to the world’s view. I listened recently to a renown doctor talking about how he’s helped people work-through lingering negative effects of “past lives” through “regression therapy.” Regression therapy – that may be a new phrase [and a loosely-used diagnosis to age-old problems], but for centuries Christ has helped seekers put off the old self “which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.” (Ephesians 4:22-24). Now, I must admit I have regressive thoughts each day as I remember my former state, lost and undone without Christ, then joyfully delight in God’s Salvation of my soul. His Word assures me because of Jesus Christ, I am a new creation (not some spirit remade – refashioned – reincarnated but brand-spanking-new! “The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17). I can sing with confidence, “I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see.” For the Believer, these ARE the good old days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home