Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sittin' On Ready

Mr. Bill claims to be sittin'-on-ready as he often waits for me to finish getting ready before we leave the house. Interestingly, his "sittin' on ready" is usually in his recliner sound asleep!

What does it mean to be sittin' on ready to do The Father's bidding? Second Samuel 15:15 says, "Thy servants are ready to do whatsoever my lord the king shall appoint." We are called to be really and always, equally ready to obey God. Read what F. R. Havergal writes about this: "If He appoints me to work there, shall I lament that I am not to work here? If He appoints me to wait in-doors, am I annoyed because I am not to work outdoors? If all my members are really at His disposal, why should I be put out if today's appointment is some simple work for my hands or errands for my feet?" When we are "put out" by what God would have us do today, we have confused the role of master and servant. A humble servant of The Master, Jesus Christ, will always be ... sittin' on ready!

I love to think that God appoints my portion day by day;
Events of life are in His hand, and I would only say,
Appoint them in Thine own good time

And in Thine own best way. -- A. L.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home