Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Redemption Now

Don’t you love a good buy!  Now, I’m not an expert shopper but I do know what BOGO means and it gets my attention.  Buy One Get One, and it’s really a sweet deal if, of course, it’s something you want or need.  There are multiple items in my house that I haven’t yet figured out why we needed the first one!

 

The promise of Heaven to those born-again is of great value!  Oh, how we love to read of the beauty and magnificence of our eternal home.  Ephesians 1:7 tells us “we have redemption,” – it doesn’t say we “will have” redemption; the joy-filled redemptive life is now, in “real time.”  Kingdom-living isn’t just a promise of future significance.  Goodness, no!  The joy of my salvation is having the Spirit in me and experiencing Christ right now!  His power, peace, and joy are mine today as I walk in these times of struggle.  O. S. Hawkins describes this generation as searching for “instant gratification” – it’s true, we live by the microwave, ATM machines, drive-through windows, and call-ahead seating.  By design, those in Christ enjoy all He is here-and-now. “For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.” (Colossians 1:19-20).  BOGO is a good buy when it’s products we use or want to try.  Christ paid the one-price for all the joy and fullness we know as Believers.  That, my friend, is GRACE -- God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home