Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Truly Rich

Pictures are often priceless, and there are three  such pictures in my collection.  A three, four, and five generation picture of my grandmother, father, son, grandson, and me.  Everyone would agree my grandmother was sweet, dignified, stylish, and Godly but there was also a side of her some never witnessed. That part makes me [truly] laugh out loud!  Nanny wasn’t a “nuts.com” generation, but she would have felt right at home there!

 

The Born-Again is a rich generation!  My family can genuinely boast of a family tree filled with "nuts."  Those who know my boys know it's true, and considering Mr. Bill, they have a clear understanding why my boys are “nuts!"  There's a foolish idea that man is master of his own destiny or fate.  While it’s absolutely true we live in a cause-and-effect universe, God -- not man -- is sovereign.  Proverbs 16:33 says, "The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD."  Yes, the LORD has the final say in all matters!  Those in Christ live spiritually rich because of something settled eternally; The Creator to Abraham: "I am God Almighty ... Walk before Me, and be blameless.” (Genesis 17:1).  It wasn’t just a command, but a command-with-promise: “That I may make My Covenant between Me and you … You will be the father of a multitude of nations … Kings shall come from you … I will establish My Covenant between Me and you and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you … I will be their God.” (Genesis 17:1-14).  God sent His Son (Jesus) to ratify (seal) the Covenant by His shed Blood shed at Calvary confirming, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:28).  There's no way to improve this rich history and heritage!  Personally, I suspect Jesus had a great sense of humor – how could He not while [lovingly and patiently] walking among us!  Believers don't need a photograph or document to prove the treasure we have in Christ; in Christ and by Grace, it is visible to the world each day.  We’re rich, rich, rich -- let's live like it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home