Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Diet for Righteousness

What are Graham crackers made of?  Do you know?  They are made of graham flour, which is simply whole wheat flour.  It was promoted by a nineteenth-century Presbyterian minister named Sylvester Graham.  He traveled through the United States preaching and promoting eating a healthy diet, which he also believed led to a virtuous & wholesome life.

 

God's Word says the world will see His righteousness when Christians embrace His Truth.  Unfortunately, it takes much more than a glass of milk and Graham crackers to make one righteous and holy.  Psalm 119:173-176 says, "Let Your Hand become my help, for I have chosen Your precepts. I long for Your salvation, O LORD, and Your law is my delight. Let my soul live, and it shall praise You; and let Your judgments help me. I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Your servant, for I do not forget Your commandments."  Everything in our lives must be weighed by God's principles -- a daily diet of His Word, His Laws, His Commands.  Sorry Mr. Graham, it's the only diet that works for righteousness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home