Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tender Mercy

My Dustin (Twin B as he was identified in the hospital) came home from kindergarten one day, and began to describe the events of his day.  Before he finished, I understood exactly the kind of day his teacher had experienced!  At the end of his story, he said, "And, Mama, you won't believe it -- the teacher gave me mercy!"

 

Mercy has been described as an “uncommon” grace, yet God's mercy is abundant!  Sadly, we live in a time when mercy is replaced with horn-honking, unkind words, and vulgar gestures.  I was on the wrong end of mercy recently when I was scolded for asking a question too close to quitting time.  Of course, I bowed up -- quitting time is 3:50 and it was still twenty minutes away! What I failed to remember is that God extends mercy to me and I never deserve it!  Because "the Lord is ... of tender mercy" (James 5:2), so must I be -- not IF others are merciful, but BECAUSE God is!  Show some tender mercy today, and watch the world be amazed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home