Monday, June 1, 2015

The Guide

Certainly not a  bug fan, but how I love the summer's first flash – lightning bug flash, that is!  Set against darkness, the bug's brilliant flash is unmistakable. My mind returns to childhood evenings at my grandparents and lightning bug a’huntin’ that lasted well into darkness. The "flashy" spoils of those adventures often followed me into bedtime as I watched the flashin’ from a jar.

Life, too, is an adventure. Adventures, however, can be disastrous without a guide. The guide generally brings experience, wisdom, safety, "been there, done that" to the otherwise treacherous nature of any adventure. Most life stenches I find myself in can usually be traced to not following The Guide.  And why, I ask, because Proverbs 3:5-6 is so clear even a lightning bug could understand: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."  God's guidance isn't just for the otherwise weak of mind, but also for the misled of heart ... yes, all God's children.  None too quickly, often in the "flash" of a moment, we are reminded just how frail and unequipped we are -- that we need The Guide. With fathoms of grace and tenderness, the All-Knowing Guide, quickly resumes His Role as we willfully submit in obedience to His lead. It's the only way to survive life's adventures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home