Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Heaven's Notes

I'm a note-taker!  In school I always had great lecture notes, and often loaned them to the … not-so-good note takers.  Today, I'm still a note taker.  I simply remember things better if I write them down ... in meetings, at work, at church; writing stuff down plants it in a mostly-safe place in my brain for fairly good recall.  The older version of me, however, must sometimes ask "now, where did I put my notes?"

 

God doesn't have to write things down, of course, but I'm so glad He chose to do so!   Luke 17:20 says, " ... rejoice because your names are written in heaven."   How wonderful!  His memory is perfect and I don't have to wonder about His recall.  I can rejoice in knowing He not only knows my name is there but it’s written down!  It’s not written in pencil or with erasable ink, but in the permanent markings of His own shed blood!  Aren't we glad The Father doesn't NEED or HAVE to take notes but HE DOES so by choice, lending an added sense of peace and joy to His children.  I rejoice today my name’s in The Book, and I pray yours is too.  What a joy to know WITH CERTAINTY it’s written safely in the Lamb's Book of Life – Heaven’s beautiful notes!  How exciting, too, THAT BOOK will never be misplaced!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home