Thursday, August 27, 2015

His Waters

It seems I’ve always loved the water.  As a teenager, I was the one who would jump in on a dare, clothes and all.  Heights didn’t bother me; I jumped off a lake water tower one time.  And, that’s about as wild as ever it got for this gal!

 

God issues quite an invitation: “Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters.” (Psalm 55:1).  The younger-me loved those invitations to play in the water – pool, lake, creek, or just a backyard sprinkler – count me in!  This welcome-to-the-waters the psalmist wrote of is matchless in treasure!  “What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?” (Psalm 8:4).  Unimaginable! That the Creator of all heavens, seas, creatures, and earth is thoughtful toward one such as I.  So mindful, so thoughtful, He THEN invites me to spend time in His Presence: Seek the LORD while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near (V.6) … Incline your ear, and come to Me; hear, that your soul may live (V.3) … That He may have compassion on him (V.7) … For you shall go out in Joy and be led forth in Peace (V.12).  Like I said, the invitation is matchless because the rewards are immeasurable!  I never knew what fun the water brought until I took the first dip – God still invites us into His Presence: “Come to the waters …” (V.1).  Let us not shun His invitation: get in a quiet place, open His Word, and delight in the Joy of His waters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home