Monday, September 28, 2015

At The Races

Did your parents ever take you to the rat race?  Well, flip!  Mine didn't either!  I never could figure it out, because they talked about the "rat race" a lot.  Of course, now I know why: they knew someday I'd go there on my own, and they also knew I'd learn firsthand about the rat race.  I think they also knew I'd have about as much fun at the races as they did!

 

We all have at-the-race days, and the challenge is not so much winning, but staying in the race. The "rat race" is one of the major causes for stress in our daily lives.  The day-after-day stress and pressure can overcome our spirits, leaving us despondent and depressed.  The secret to surviving "at the races" is clinging to the Branch of Peace: "Lord, Your Love is the Branch of Hope I cling to. In the rising tide, in the restless wind, in the gathering storm, You are my Peace."  When we determine to keep our faces to the Son and away from the shadows, we will know His peace and ... not just survive the rat race but win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home