Monday, September 14, 2015

Tremble

A few days ago, I watched Ella and Caleb racing back and forth across the room, taking turns plunging into PopC’s (Mr. Bill) lap.  I was reminded of how much energy I do not have And, they don’t even need sugar!

 

Job said “The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.” (Job 33:4).  It is the spirit of people we miss when we are separated.  Likewise, it the spirit of man with which God desires to be one.  Mr. Bill calls the haughty-me “Hester,” and [true] it’s best when Hester is subdued.  We all are familiar with that uncharacteristic character who is ruled by pride, that spirit that rears its sinful ugliness – it’s not pretty!  God said “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool” so [man], tell me now, “what is the house that you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest?” (Psalm 66:1). Make no mistake, what God says is never flippant nor sarcastic; He gently urges us to see our place … and be in it.  God continues, “All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the LORD. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.” (Psalm 66:2).  The way I see it, Christians no longer tremble at God’s words.  The words of man are honored above God’s, and we toss His Name around like a business partner or casual friend.  The humbled spirit bows to its Creator because of a heart that is already submitted to its Redeemer.  I love my spirited-Grands;  they inspire me to new heights of love every time I’m in their presence.  It is my prayer for a spirit that continuously seek His Spirit – His Presence, and never ceases to tremble at Who He is!  Will you tremble with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home