Wednesday, September 2, 2015

No Hoodoo

Nobody likes to be hoodooed – tricked, fooled into the object of misfortune.  We’ve all been a victim of someone’s practical joke but in good fun, we need to roll with the punches until, of course, it is our turn to return the … fun.

 

Who doesn’t like pondering the good qualities in themselves, but have you ever seriously considered the not-so-good ones?  I have so many and they are so dishonorable, it’s astonishing God would consider adopting me! But, He did! “Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world … “ (Ephesians 1:4a, AB)  He knew [had foreknowledge of] just how rotten I would be, but He picked me anyway!  Mr. Bill and I co-signed on a bank note with a couple many years ago, and they skipped town and left us with the debt.  Would we have co-signed had we known this ahead of time?  Not!  God The Father knew exactly what I would cost Him yet He chose and loved me then willingly paid my debt in love. There was no “hoodoo” involved whatsoever – He knew it all!  Picked me anyway! Loved me anyway!  Gladly paid my debt of sin!  Hymn writer, Elvina M. Hall, wrote it beautifully, “Jesus paid it all. All to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain. He washed it white as snow.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home