Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Nothing Strange

The word "strange" wasn't even part of my little-person vocabulary, but I knew what strange looked like!  Uncle Rip came to the house dressed very unusual: he looked like a spaceman -- white suit with thick gloves, his face & neck completely covered.  As I watched from inside the house, through the window, I saw lots and lots of bees; they were swarming all around Uncle Rip but he wasn’t running!  Strange suit and strange behavior, and I still associate the word “strange” with Uncle Rip … just a little humor there!

 

We live in a strange world ... a world where Godly values and principles matter little.  History doesn't lie: this country was established upon the wisdom as given to man by The Creator.  Nonetheless, the scales of right and wrong, righteous and evil, moral and immoral are skewed, distorted, and unjust.  Psalm 19:9-10 clearly states " ... the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb." Robbing the beehive to get the honey was hard and tedious – ask Uncle Rip!  As we desire truth and righteousness in our lives, clearly, there is only one place to find it ... from God Himself Who created all things and ordained man to follow His precepts.  The prayer for Believers living in this strange place is, "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my Strength, and my  Redeemer." (Psalm 19:14).  Truth is, there's absolutely nothing strange about that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home