Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Captured!

Captured!  The thought of it scares me but [truly] the closest I've come is being ordered to the basement recently to wait for a fierce storm to pass. The Mister can be quite bossy when he wants to be!

 

Can you imagine being completely captive to the will of God? Imagine every thought, action, motive, impulse in subjection to God! That should scare all of us because I doubt we’ve ever been there.  This is exactly what Paul meant when he wrote, "We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:5). To be earnest is to be serious, intense for something or someone -- givin' all ya got, holding nothing, single-focused. Oswald Chambers refers to this as "determinedly disciplined," something lacking in casual Christianity. What it’s called isn't important but how it impacts our faith is critical.  This kind of captivity begins when He increases and I decrease (John 3:30).  I followed Mr. Bill's instructions because it was wise to do so (and I knew he had only my safety in mind).  Why not surrender to His captivity today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home